2018 PROGRAM RULES
Campaign Name: Season of Giving
Company: Jackson and Sons, Inc.
Address: 2330 Indian Springs Road, Dudley, NC 28333
Jackson and Sons, Inc. will conduct “Season of Giving” substantially as described in these rules and by
participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of “Season of Giving”: The purpose of “Season of Giving” is to find needy homeowners in Eastern North Carolina that currently have no heating or cooling due to an inoperative/non-repairable system.
2. Dates of “Season of Giving”: “Season of Giving” will kick off with a pre-promotion on October 25th, 2018 and the pre-promote will end October 30th, 2018. The promotion will then begin on November 1st, 2018, and will end on November 30th, 2018. Two winners, will be announced on Friday, December 7th, 2018.
3. How to Submit an Entry as a Deserving Recipient: You may nominate yourself or someone you know that needs a heating and air system in their home.
Only one submission per person, as Season of Giving is based on the story and need, not by the total number of entries received.
4. An entry may be submitted in 1 of 3 ways:
1. By visiting our website at www.jacksonandsons.com (fill out online and submit);
2. By completing the nomination form and submitting in one of the three ways listed below:
• Jackson and Sons, Inc., 2330 Indian Springs Road, Dudley, NC 28333.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. By providing name; address, phone number and e-mail address and a brief
explanation of why you or someone you know are deserving of a new system; on a 3×5 index
card and mail to: Jackson and Sons, Inc., 2330 Indian Springs Road, Dudley, NC 28333
5. How are (2) Winners Chosen and Announced:
a. A six member committee will select (2) winners from the entries received between November 1st,
2018 and November 30th, 2018 and the (2) winners will be announced to the public on December 7th,
b. If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours of the announcement or it is determined by
Jackson and Sons that the selection does not qualify, committee reserves the right to determine an
a. Two new heating and air systems, minimum of 14 seer, 3 ton (1 per station) (does not include ductwork) will be awarded to (2) eligible recipients:
b. One new heating and air system will be installed by Jackson and Sons, Inc. on the (2)
winners (recipients) homes. Installation to be performed during normal business hours and is based on scheduling
7. Eligibility and Limitations:
a. Participants must be U.S. residents and reside in Eastern North Carolina, be at least 18-years old, be
the owner of the home on the application, must be living in the home, and must prove that they are
deserving of a new heating and cooling system.
b. Each recipient must submit proof of eligibility and home ownership.
c. Employees of the Jackson and Sons, Inc., “Season of Giving” participating sponsors and their
advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to
participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children,
grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s),
adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same
household whether or not related.
8. Publicity / Use of Personal Information: By participating, all participants and recipient(s) grant
Jackson and Sons, Inc. exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and
likenesses in connection with promotion and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such
use. By participating in “Season of Giving”, participants agree that Jackson and Sons, Inc. may disclose
personal information obtained from participants in “Season of Giving” to third parties and use such
information for marketing and other purposes.
9. Release: By participating, each participant and recipient waives any and all claims of liability against
Jackson and Sons, Inc., its employees and agents, “Season of Giving” sponsors and their respective
employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or
participation in, Season of Giving, or from the use of any awarded system. In order to receive a system,
participants must sign an official waiver form provided by Jackson and Sons, Inc.
10. Decisions: By submitting an application in “Season of Giving”, participants agree to be bound by the
decisions of Jackson and Sons, Inc. personnel. Jackson and Sons, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any
participant and may refuse to award a system to a person who is ineligible or who Jackson and Sons, Inc.
believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in “Season of Giving”, or
obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Jackson and Sons, Inc. will interpret these rules and
resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules; and the Jackson and Sons,
Inc. decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of “Season of Giving” is
affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference
or any event beyond the control of Jackson and Sons, Inc., Jackson and Sons, Inc. reserves the right to
terminate “Season of Giving”, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Jackson and Sons,
Inc. deems appropriate at any time during “Season of Giving”. All decisions will be made by Jackson and
Sons, Inc. and are final. Jackson and Sons, Inc. may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
a. No purchase necessary to apply or qualify.
b. Jackson and Sons, Inc. disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related
to the conduct or results of “Season of Giving”.
c. All entries become the property of Jackson and Sons, Inc. and will not be returned.
12. The “Season of Giving” program may be canceled at any time without any prior warning or
notification if in the Jackson and Sons, Inc. management’s sole opinion; it’s the best decision for the