Frigid winter days are ideal for sipping hot chocolate and staying cozy and comfortable indoors. However, your comfort shouldn't come at the price of an exorbitant heating expense. We'd like toshare a few tips that can aid in lowering your energy costs that you may find beneficial this winter.
Save on your heating expenses while maximizing your household's comfort with help from the experts at Jackson & Sons.
What better way to stay warm during the January freeze than with a piping hot bowl of chili? Easy to prepare and easy to save, our take on this classic dish is the perfect recipe for keeping the whole family full and happy!
You will need:
- 2 pounds of lean Ground Beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 30 oz kidney beans, two 15
oz cans, drained and rinsed
- 30 oz diced tomatoes, with
- 10 oz diced tomatoes and
green chilies, with their
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté beef until it releases fat (4-5 minutes), breaking it up with a spatula.
- Add onion to the skillet and sauté until tender (4-5 minutes). Add minced garlic and seasonings: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Cook another 30 seconds stirring constantly. Transfer to a 6 Qt slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients into the slow cooker: rinsed and drained beans, diced tomatoes with their juice, diced tomatoes and green chilis with juice and tomato sauce. Stir to combine and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Season to taste if desired and serve warm.
Delicious toppings based on preference include: shredded cheese, chopped green or red onion, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, sliced jalapeño peppers.
Give us a call at 919-734-9611 to learn more about how you can save money and stay warm this winter!
When you need a heating or air conditioning service, you need a company you can count on for knowledge, expertise and customer service. Give us a call us at 919-734-9611Contact Us Read Reviews
"We had a problem, called this morning and we were added to the list
for the afternoon. Before the day was out, our system was up and
running with a plan for the next steps in place. Very nice technician that
was able to answer our questions honestly and thoroughly."