A new season is upon us, and with it comes time for spring cleaning! When done properly, spring cleaning can have a huge impact on home comfort. Here are some tips to follow and how your home will benefit.
Spring Cleaning Tips
Let’s start off with a few of our favorite spring cleaning tips:
- Spring Tune-up by a Professional – Your A/C system goes through a lot each year, so it’s always best to schedule a check-up with a licensed HVAC professional who will perform a thorough tune up to get your system ready for the warmer weather. The system’s filter(s) will be changed and all components will be thoroughly inspected and cleaned, removing all debris and pollutants so that these contaminants aren’t dispersed throughout your home. A well maintained system will last longer, and run more efficiently which will also save energy.
- Clean Ceiling Fans – Wiping down the blades will prevent accumulated dust from spreading when the fan is on.
- Use Microfiber Cloths – Feather dusters have a tendency to spread dust around, whereas microfiber cloths attract the dust and stop it from being redistributed.
- Replace Your Old Carpet – Carpets are full pollutants, while other types of floors – tile, wood, laminate, etc. – make dust and contaminants easier to spot, and therefore easier to clean.
- Vacuum Using a HEPA Filter – If you insist on keeping your carpet, be sure to use a vaccuum cleaner that’s equipped with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter, which will remove the most pollutants possible.
Benefits of Spring Cleaning
A huge component of spring cleaning involves the reduction or elimination of dust on surfaces and in the air. This is extremely important because of the impact of spring allergies on millions of people across the country. This will also greatly benefit anyone in your household who suffers from asthma or even more severe, life-threatening respiratory issues. By following these tips throughout the spring season and beyond, you will improve the air quality in your home, which will be a huge benefit to you and your family.
For more ways to ensure optimal home comfort in any season, and the benefits of planned maintenance contact the professionals at Jackson & Sons. We’ve been servicing the HVAC needs of Eastern North Carolina and the surrounding area since 1974.Can Clean Windows Boost Your Energy Efficiency? » « How Often Should Your Commercial Air Filter Be Replaced?