Carbon Monoxide is known as the “silent killer” because it is colorless, odorless, tasteless and non-irritating. What makes it so dangerous is that a person may lose consciousness and be unable to escape the danger.
Ensure everyone in the house can hear when an alarm goes off by placing a CO sensor in or near each of three critical locations in your home:
- At least one on each level—including the basement and attic
- Near each bedroom or sleeping space
- By doors that lead to attached garages
A carbon monoxide monitor is the fastest way to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. It works much like a fire or smoke alarm does by sounding an alarm when it detects carbon monoxide in the home.
For more information regarding a carbon monoxide monitor, contact Jackson and Sons @ 919-734-9611.