As a commercial building owner, you’re certainly aware of how expensive it can be to heat and cool your building, as the cooling and heating load directly reflects in energy costs. Why not use the milder spring season to seal up gaps in your building’s energy consumption via the HVAC system and get well prepared for higher energy usage? Here’s what to know:
Spring and Commercial Energy Costs
The spring season provides opportunities for commercial building owners to get their buildings and HVAC systems ready for summer. This is because the spring (and autumn) season generally equates to a lower heating and cooling load with more moderate outdoor temperatures.
Therefore, commercial building owners may anticipate a lower energy consumption compared to the winter and summer seasons. This may allow you to direct resources to shoring up building energy efficiency and getting your cooling system ready for summer, when cooling load will peak.
Savings Tips for Commercial Energy Costs
Here are some energy-savings tips to help curb energy costs during the days of high cooling or heating loads:
- Regular HVAC maintenance is imperative to maximize energy savings. During these service visits, the technician will clean the system, inspect all HVAC functions and replace air filters. Ducts will be inspected and seal any air leaks found.
- Using ceiling fans in offices and common areas in commercial buildings helps increase comfort while saving substantial energy.
- Program temperature-event changes throughout the day to balance comfort and energy costs.
Commercial HVAC Energy Savings Plans
As a commercial building owner, you understand that HVAC systems need to operate around the clock so that there are no disruptions to daily business. The best way to ensure efficient HVAC operation and lower energy costs is through an Energy Savings Plan for commercial HVAC systems.
Work with a reputable HVAC contractor to set up pre-scheduled HVAC Maintenance Tuneups. Some of the advantages include:
- Reduced energy costs
- Preventing expensive repairs
- Improved indoor air quality
- Discounted service and repairs
- Less downtime
- Keeps system working at peak performance
- Extends the life of the system
For all your home or business HVAC needs, contact the professionals at Jackson & Sons today.How to Know the Best Thermostat Placement in Your Home » « Learn Which Air Pollutants Develop During the Spring?